Thursday, July 26, 2007

Tuesday Primary Bike Rodeo

The kids woke up late for the rodeo but insisted on going for the 20 minutes left! So I drove them with bikes and all! They had a fun time! It's just frustrating for me to try and get out the door with 5 kids in a very short amount of time! Look at Sam.. always the tease! And Charlotte...cute as a bug! Scott always tries so hard to obey (both him and Nina really try hard..I hope it rubs off).

I found a baby lizard in my watering bucket and had to show the kids! Scott had it scampering up his arm, down his back and down his leg! It was really funny!

Wednesday
Beach Day
I had the kids clean up the house a little bit to "earn" the beach! Nina wanted it bad and ended up doing most of it! Thanks Nina:) She got a friend over and extra treats! Mom takes care of those that take care of me:)
For the most part it was fun! I'll skip the frustrating parts because who needs to remember them! The kids got a kick out of me writing their names and messages in sunscreen!

All the kids boogie boarded! They are getting better at it! Even Charlotte is doing it! ( I gotta get more than just one board!) It's so fun to watch them! I can't wait 'til Jack gets older and I can do it with them! This inactivity (holding baby) is killing me but I try to cherish this time because it won't be long 'til "babyhood" is over!

Scott and I made rice crispy treats again! It is so fun, quick (takes less than 10 minutes with mini marshmallows) and yummy! Why would anyone buy the pre-packaged ones...home made are way better!

Easy-No-Fuss Recipe for:

Rice Crispy Treats

I just mix 1 bag of mini marshmallows with 1 stick of butter, melt butter then add marshmallows and mix (when marshmallows are pretty much smooth-semi lumpy) add rice crispy's to desired gooeyness( I usually add 1/2- 3/4 of box) and then I mix it all up...put it on greased wax paper and let cool. Forget the squares! Mine are so gooey I make them into balls!

The kids made a mini jacuzzi by the shore! When the tide came up it filled up and the kids had their own mini jacuzzi!

This was Jack's messiest day at the beach! He ate sand and played in it! He was a mess and since we are attached..I was as well!

He's crawling

At least in the final stages of almost doing it! Yesterday he got on his knees! UH-Oh! I am in for it because even with out crawling, he rolls and scoots to everything he can reach! He pulls on chords, pulls down anything (like my candle stick by the fire place..that is now history)...I told Rick he will be after his beloved electronics! The red light gets 'em every time!

2 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Sorry we missed you at the beach. It would have been fun to sit and visit and to eat some of your yummy RCT! I need to help Christian with boogy boarding more but can't do it when I am on Ella duty! Guess we will have to go as a family again! I don't know how you go anywhere with 5 kids. 3 realy does me in! It is always a long ride home with the noisy crazy kids! But the hardest part is just getting everyone in the car!

Christina said...

Looks like a great day at the beach. I wish we could have gone with you. Jack-Jack is sooo cute! I can't wait to boogie board with your kids. We will have to go next week. I miss you guys.