Saturday, January 31, 2009

I did it! 7 miles!!!

I went to work and decorated cakes and cup cakes. I have been there a year and have not got a raise. Any suggestions on how I should ask? It's hard economically for the little businesses right now but I am helping them pull in more cakes and I have upgraded the quality and appearance of their cakes. You can see the pictures of my cakes in their add in the SCV Magazine that just came out!
I walk/ran 7 miles and I wanted to stop, cry and finish it! I skipped the self pity part and finished! Kids have friends over and when I take a break I gotta do something fun with the kids.

3 comments:

Jenni James said...

YAY! that's so awesome! I'm glad you finished! Congratulations!

joyous said...

I think that if you state your case, like you just did in this post that you have a better chance. It's not just that you've worked there a year, but you've actually improved their business, etc. Be brave!

Sara said...

You need to watch the office episode where Darryl and Micheal negotiate raises. Yes it's funny because it's the office, but there are actually some really good ideas!